Friday, January 22, 2010

Magic Mountain

We headed to LA for a long weekend to attend a funeral, but I wanted to make the trip enjoyable for the girls especially since we were spending so much time in the car. We drove to Valencia on Saturday and luckily we planned to stop there because it was about as far as the girls could handle. About 30 minutes before our stop, Ryan pulled the car over on the side of the freeway and told both girls he would not go again until they both stopped crying. Much to my surprise, they both stopped and we continued on our journey.

We stayed in Valencia and the next morning we got up to go to Magic Mountain. The girls have never been to an amusement park so they didn't really know what to expect, but they had a great time and we stayed much longer than we expected. Allison is our dare devil and while she was fine on the kiddie rides, once we hit a roller coaster she was hooked and from then on requested fast rides. She wasn't quite tall enough for the big roller coasters and I was grateful for that, but she had a great time throughout the park. Kate was a little more cautious and was willing to go on most of the rides, but Percy the roller coaster was too fast.

We met up with my brother, sister, newphew, and step-mom. This was the first time that the girls met their cousin Stephen but they were quick friends. Kate was chasing him by the very next day.

We finished off the day with a traumatic log ride. We had gone on the log jammer earlier in the day and while Kate wasn't a huge fan, we talked her into going again, but this time there were people at the cannons and at the very end of the ride Kate and I got hit and were absolutely soaked. While I know it's fun for people to take aim and we took our chance on the ride, it wasn't the nicest thing to do to a family with small kids. It took her a while to recover but all in all it was a very fun day.

My grandfather was a very special person to me and I miss him each and every day. I think every family has those people that are pillars to the family and he was definintely that for our family. I know he's up there holding hands with my grandmother right now, but I will miss him tremedously.


Ryan and the girls relaxing in the hot tub after a long day in the car.


The carousel is always a hit with my girls


Allison and Bugs just inside Bugs Bunny World

No comments: