Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten


This was a big day for Allison. We had gone back to school shopping and she had all of her supplies including some special new clothes. She has been waiting all summer to return to school and she is so ready. All was going well, including me holding it together, until she got into her classroom and had to find her own nametag. Finding things is not a strong suit for Alli girl, so she walked past her nametag the first time. I bit my tongue and vowed to let her find it but when she got to the otherside of the room and didn't find it and started to get a little teary eyed, I jumped in and pointed her too it. She was completely fine after that but I was not. I could completely understand those anxious feelings and what mom wants to see their child go through that? She had a great day and loves kindergarten but I will never forget the way I felt that day. My little girl is growing up and for all that I do I cannot protect her from everything. I can only sit back and watch as she embarks on the first of many journeys. I know she is ready and I know she has the tools to succeed and I'll be there each step of the way for those forward steps and those that take her back a few steps too. I'm so proud of you Allison and Mommy loves you more than you'll ever know.

No comments: