Friday, November 20, 2009

Puddle Jumping

One of the many reasons that I love my neighbors is that they have two boys and therefore expose the girls and me to experiences that we might not ever have. While I'm not the most girly of girls, when it comes to bugs and messes, I'm pretty girly. One of our first winters, we were out on a walk with the neighbors and the boys started jumping in puddles. My first instinct was, "No!" but then I thought twice. Poor Alli was already swayed so she sat and watched the fun, but Kate jumped right in and got soaked. Eventually, Alli gave in to the peer pressure and joined the fun but with more reluctance than enthusiasm.

Today we had a little storm that didn't last for more than an hour or two, but for a few minutes it rained pretty hard and I knew the puddle at the bottom of the Carver's driveway would have collected quite a bit of fun. The girls had fun, got soaked, and then came in to a nice fire. Good times!



No comments: