Thursday, August 20, 2009

The funny things they say...

When Alli first started talking I wrote down all of the funny things she said. Since we moved that list is buried somewhere but I think I need to start a new list. Almost 4 seems to bring out a whole new attitude. Tonight while starting bathtime I was attempting to talk to my grandfather on the phone. Now telephone conversations are never without interruption but tonight was better than most. She wanted a beach ball in the bath, but she had deflated it so I told her (while on the phone) I would blow it up when I was off the phone. Her response at the top of her lungs, "I WANT YOU TO DO IT RIGHT NOW." For those that know me well, the beach ball didn't get blown up at all tonight. We'll try again another day.
Later, we were cleaning the house before bed. A common saying around her is, "You get what you get and you don't get upset." I asked her to put her chair away. She moved it, but didn't put it away so I told her again that she needed to put it away. Her response, "I put it where I put it and you don't throw a fit."
Kate is at the really great age where she's slowly putting words together so we're getting two and three word phrases but very deliberate. She's still talking about her day with Nana where they saw an airpane and coco (airplane and helicopter) to kye (took off into the sky). It was Monday, but she loved the experience of just her and Nana on a playdate. She's also talking about the Sesame Street episode that she watched where no one was sharing. She's gets this concerned look on her face and says something to the effect of Elmo, Big Bird, and Zoe weren't sharing, but Cookie Monster (ahmumum as she calls him) must have a special place in her heart because he did share...but he didn't either :-)

No comments: