Friday, August 7, 2009

Slip and Slide, Counting, and Elmo Potty Time


We spent the day outside. In the morning we met some friends at the park and then came home for lunch and naps. While at the park, I was admiring two moms who brought books to the park...you mean moms can read adult books during the day while the kids are awake? Seriously?

By the afternoon Ryan and I were more than frustrated with the still incomplete deck project. He still has hours and hours of work to do which, for me, means hours and hours of "girl time." So the girls and I headed outside. Somehow the slip and slide made it's first appearance of the summer. Both girls loved it. I quietly pulled a chair up and pulled my book out remembering the genious that I witnessed at the park today. I think I got two pages read before someone pushed someone else over on the slip and slide. Oh well, my intentions were good.

Now that Kate's vocabulary is expanding by the day I hope to add little tidbits that bring a smile to my face. Hopefully they will do the same for you. She loves to count, but she's missing a few numbers, namely one, so her counting goes like this, "two, fee, fi, six, seven, eigh, ni, ten." Followed by, "Yeah, Kate." She's proud of herself and not too shy to say it. Another favorite, is Elmo's Potty Time. She's making potty progress thanks to the M and Ms.

No comments: