Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apple Pie


One of my favorite things to do in the fall is make apple pie. We usually head up to Apple Hill and get apples from there, but when Cindy was here on Thursday she brought some down. The girls and I were on our own on Saturday since Ryan had a cross country meet out of town so we attempted to make a pie. The girls were interested at first, but soon decided other things were more interesting. They would check in now and again and they were both very helpful. My first pie of the season isn't my favorite and the same held true. The apples didn't taste quite right and my crust was less than tasty, so there will be another attempt soon. Hopefully we'll be able to make the trek up the hill this time, too.


First we had to cut up all of the apples. Kate had had enough already.






She came back in time to check out the final product




What a mess!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum! It looks really good. I love to bake but don't love cleaning up the mess.

Unknown said...

Big Grandma's Rule #1 for baking Apple Pie:
A good apple pie is always measured by the mess in the kitchen. According to the pictures (and based on experience with your apple pies), I am sure your pie was terrific. Too bad there won't be any left for Grandma!